November 22, 2012

Tis the Etsy Season

I've been working my creative tail off getting my Etsy shop ready for Black Friday, Cyber Monday and the holidays in general. I couldn't find a global editor on Etsy so I had to edit each and every one of my 94 items at a time. Two hours later my items were ready for the Etsy promotion this weekend. 



Etsy had some guidelines for their Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales, so I chose to give a free small gift with every order $10 or more. 

I was looking into these worry stones on Oriental Trading with inspirational saying (mainly because one version says "dream") but they're too diverse. If only they let me choose which ones I wanted... I would buy the stones that said dream, create, love, smile, peace and inspire. If I don't find something soon I'll be using a few pieces of handmade jewelry as free gifts! 

I read someone online that most handmade merchants waste time making holiday-colored jewelry not realizing that people are buying gifts to be worn year round. I didn't care. I have plenty of items in my Etsy shop that can be worn year round. I spent last week making holiday colored bracelets so I could use them as my "featured items" at the top of my shop. I think it give my shop a festive look - it's the online equivalent of hanging Christmas lights on your house! I plan on making one or two more Hanukkah themed bracelets, too, like THIS ONE


No comments:

Post a Comment