December 5, 2012

A Week's Worth of Updates

First of all, thank you to everyone who purchased items from my Etsy shop last month. It's because of you (and my laughable savings account) that I was able to get a used car. It's a '91 Chevy Corsica. The best part... no payments!

Unless you've lost your transportation and had to rely on city buses, expensive taxis and family you have no idea how alive I feel again just by having my own wheels. My poor family... I knew my situation was getting sad when I called them and before they said hello they'd ask when my boyfriend and I needed a ride. Hopefully those days are behind us now!

I received a lot of awesome feedback on Facebook about my new gift packaging. I ordered these fancy white jewelry boxes and some stickers with my logo on them, but the package still needed something else. I had leftover hemp cord in my filing cabinet (aka my craft storage space) so I tied some of it around the box.  I love how it looked

Then when I was at Michaels earlier this week with my sister I saw this stuff called Wraphia and fell in love! I'm hoping to go back this weekend for some. It's a LOT more colorful than the hemp cord I have, and it's cheaper than dyed hemp cord. I think it'll be perfect for my packages!!! 
 
We originally went to Michaels for bead thread. I ran out three days prior, and I was like a crack head lookin' for a fix until I got home and threaded my needle. I hate that JoAnn's doesn't carry my cord (WildFire). That would save me a 45 min trip out of town. Did you know you can't even order things on Michaels website? They need to catch up to the era of eCommerce

My sister, Jennifer, was looking for art supplies. I bought her a new sketchbook last month and she wanted a colorful medium to use in it. I suggested oil pastels because they're my FAVORITE. I couldn't believe it when I saw that Crayola makes oil pastels! WHAT?! She bought them, and we had fun breaking them in that night. She grabbed my Rubik's Cube and I grabbed my boyfriend's boot for our still life.  

I got frustrated with the laces on the boot and Jennifer was upset that her outline wasn't "perfect" so I knocked out a drawing of the cube in 10 mins with no regard to actual shape. She thought I was nuts, but it did get her to finish her piece. 


There's nothing like being able to let your guard down and let go of that fear of creating a "masterpiece" that some of us get (I'm guilty). I'm lucky to have creative sisters to do that with. So... can you guess which cube I drew?  

No comments:

Post a Comment